If you’re willing to start you’re career as a freelance graphic designer even without photoshop knowledge! You’ve landed at the right place. In this article, I’ve going to share how to start a freelancing business with canva.
Moreover, Canva is a great beginner-friendly graphic design tool for creating awesome designs. You don’t need any design knowledge to create designs on canva.
Table of contents:
- What is Canva?
- Canva Features: All-in-one design tool
- Features of canva
- How to start a freelancing business with canva
- Set goals
- Know your skills and niche down your services.
- Know your target audience
- Make a portfolio to showcase
- Start working on projects & make money
- Let’s wrap it up
What is Canva?
With Canva, it’s easy to engage your audience, build your brand, and create amazing visual content together — no design experience is needed. Moreover, It is specially geared toward image content, not video content.
However, You don’t need to create a design from scratch. So, Canva has high-quality pre-made templates for each design. With Eye-catchy graphics available in canva, You can easily cover audience attention towards your design and keep them engaging.
Canva Features: All-in-one design tool
Canva is a free and best graphic design tool ever. You’ll get everything you want in the free version. Moreover, It’s a great and useful tool for social media marketers to create social media post designs.
However, using this graphic design tool doesn’t need any design skills. Even professional designers use canva to create designs to save time and money.
Moreover, there are over 100s pre-made templates available in canva that you can make use of it. All you need to do is to change the content on the pre-made templates and use it for your purpose. What you can create in canva:
- Social media post designs
- Marketing designs like flyers, brochures, presentations, and more.
- Ads, video ads, banners ads, and more.
- Youtube videos and Youtube thumbnails
- Poster designs, postcards, and more.
- Infographics, graphs, logo design, and more.
Features Of Canva
Canva has the best features of its rivals. Moreover, You can create whatever you want you’ll get in canva. So, there are many features available in canva that will assist you in your design process. Here are the features of canva:
- You can convert your videos to GIFs in canva.
- Best user-friendly interface.
- Combine images and build stylish montages
- Add text to the video and music to the video
- Convert your videos to MP4 online for free
- Convert gifs to video
- Enhance and brighten your images
- Image filters
- Video merging
- Drag and drop editor for easy customizations
There is a lot more you’ll get in the free version of canva. In the premium version, you’ll get access to:
- 600k + premium templates with new designs daily
- 100+ million photos, videos, audios, and graphics
- Background removal
- Resize designs infinitely with Magic Resize.
Moreover, You’ll get shocked when You’ve heard of the canva premium version. Let’s see its pricing.
Moreover, With premium features like Brand Kit, Unlimited Content, Background Remover, and more, Canva Pro makes it simple for individuals to achieve their goals and create professional designs.
Moreover, Canva has the best pricing of its rivals and is worth every penny of your investment.
How to start a freelancing business with canva
Graphic design is important for any business for marketing their products/services. Moreover, Freelancers are high in demand to create marketing designs for businesses. However, even high companies like amazon, Flipkart, and google hire freelancers.
So, Image design is not as engaging compared to video marketing. But still, it’s worth it and on-trend. And Canva is the right place to create marketing designs and advertising designs.
Following these steps will surely make you a successful freelance graphic designer.
1/Set your freelancing goals
Before you start your freelancing journey, It’s important to set things up. What do you want to achieve with your freelance business? Moreover, You can go full-time freelancer or part-time. You need to be sure and set things up to avoid confusion.
Here are some things you should consider as a goal:
- What services you’re going to offer.
- How much are you going to charge for the service
- Get to know what you’re target clients looking for
- Find the Perfect place to get clients
And more. Take some time to figure out what you want to achieve with your freelance business. Once you have that figured out, you can move on to the next step. Remember that your goals may change over time as you gain more experience.
2/ Know your skills and niche down your services.
The next step is to take inventory of your skills and determine your niche. What freelancing service are you going to offer to achieve your goals?
For instance, For example, if you want to freelance full-time and make a living, you’ll need to provide more high-cost services. Your services also depend on your expertise and interest. And you can see what you can do fast with Canva.
Canva helps you to create a variety of graphic design content like:
- Social media post designs
- Website banner ads
- Youtube Thumbnails
- Infographic designs
- Marketing designs like flyers, posters, and more
- Business card
- Resume design
- Video message
And there is a lot more you can create in canva. Did you know? Even there are freelancers available for background removal alone and make money in freelancing on Fiverr. So, Know your design skills and list down the services you’re willing to offer accordingly.
For instance, List your service like you can able to create high-quality social media post designs, banner ads, infographics designs, presentations, and marketing designs. Be very specific about what you’re going to offer.
3/ Know your target clients
Now is the time to determine who your ideal clients are. This will help you create better marketing materials and know where to find your freelancing clients.
Get to know about your ideal clients and what there are looking for with these questions:
- What’s the pain point of clients that you can solve with canva? For instance, If you’re client is looking to create a banner ad for the product, So, you can create a banner ad with canva.
- Where they hang out, Post relevant jobs.
- What is the budget of you’re clients?
- What type of person will search for the services that you’ve listed?
And more. For instance, you might want to provide banner ad creation services to small businesses. As a result, your ideal clients will be those who require paid advertising and have the financial means to pay for your services.
Where the clients hang out! These clients can be found by participating in relevant Facebook groups, subscribing to relevant subreddits, or following relevant Twitter hashtags. Also, look for job postings on Upwork, Fiverr, and other sites.
4/ Make a portfolio to showcase
Now all you need to do is create a strong portfolio. Moreover, Creating a strong portfolio will create trust. This will help potential clients see what you’re capable of and give them an idea of your style.
You can share your videos and other pieces of artwork on your portfolio website or blog.
Here are a few tips to make a freelancing portfolio that’ll make you unique from other freelancers:
- Include your professional works that’ll highlight your work process
- Add a short video about your design approach
- Make sure to update your portfolio regularly with your latest and greatest work.
- Create a PDF portfolio that’s easy to download and share.
It will show potential clients that you’re active and always improving.
5/ Start working on projects & make money
Now you’re ready to start your freelancing business. Now it’s time to start finding the clients. So, Here are the ways that you can find clients and start working with them.
#Sign up as a Fiverr seller and start working with clients
Fiverr is a great place for freelancers to get clients. Moreover, Freelancers from all over the world are available on Fiverr. So, You can sign up as a Fiverr seller and start getting clients. To get clients on Fiverr:
- Promote your gig outside Fiverr
- List down the services you’re going to offer on Fiverr
- Improve your portfolio
- Get client feedbacks
- Stay online and respond as quickly as possible
- Write down who you are and everything about you
- Make clear communication about what you offer
And more. Moreover, Forget about making money in the freelancing business. Firstly, you need to satisfy your clients with your work. That’s the golden rule of freelancing business to get money.
Getting a lot of good reviews from the clients make you get more clients. Make friendly communication with the clients.
#Grow your portfolio on social media
Moreover, social media is a great place to grow any business which will apply also to freelancing businesses. I’ve done this before. But to start a freelancing business on social media will take a lot of time and effort to grow.
Here are free things you need to do for a freelancing business on social media:
- Make your bio informative
- Post your works at least 5 times a week
- Develop your design skills
- Be on-trend
- Link your portfolio on the bio
- Communicate with your followers
- Reach the target audience with potential hashtags
So, These are the things you need to do to grow your freelancing business on social media. However, It takes around 6 months to achieve your goals. So, I recommend Fiverr to start your freelancing business.
Let’s wrap it up
In Conclusion: Do you want to start a freelancing business with Canva in 2022? Then you need to create a free Canva account and explore all the features and designing tools of the platform. This will help you get familiar with the platform and determine which services you want to offer.
Next, you need to start building your portfolio using canva. Showcase the best work that you’ve created in canva. So, This will help the clients to understand what you’re capable of. So, Make sure you’ve built a strong portfolio that a person will never see like yours before.
Then start finding clients on Fiverr or create your own profile on social media platforms and get clients. Moreover, Canva is the best graphic design tool and you can start your freelancing business with canva.