Did you know that having a website is like holding a million-dollar asset? Moreover, Having a website for the business is a great impression and Without a website, people may question your legitimacy as a business. So, In this article, you’ll learn how to create a website with WordPress.
However, a Website is important for most businesses even if it’s optional but it’s highly recommended for every business. A website is a great investment for the business, Moreover, a WordPress website is easy to manage for anyone.
Even if you’ve no idea about how to create a website, With the help of WordPress, You can easily create the best website for your business. So, I’ll show you how to create the best website for your business.
Table of Contents:-
- What is a WordPress?
- Reasons why you should own a website for your business.
- Even you don’t need to create a website by yourself.
- How to create a website with WordPress: The Complete Guide
These are the contents you’ve going to see in this article. It’s going to be a complete guide. Let’s get started.
What is a WordPress?
Moreover, WordPress is a CMS (content management system) that helps you to create, host, and build a website. The super part about WordPress is that even a first-year college student can build a website with the help of WordPress.
It contains Plugins, pre-made website templates, Customizes any website to fit your business, Blog posts, and portfolio, and moreover, You can create a website like an amazon to sell products.
WordPress is a great value for any business. Anyone can create a professional website with it. Moreover, Even you can create an E-commerce website with the help of WordPress to sell products and services.
Here are the benefits of using WordPress to create a website for your business:
- You can create a Professional website with Pre-made templates.
- Even you can create a Woocommerce website
- You don’t have any coding skills to create a website in WordPress
- Easy to customize the website
- Simple and easy to use
- Access Your Site From Anywhere In The World.
- Mobile, Search engine Optimized, and SEO Friendly.
Moreover, It’s easy to create a professional WordPress website for your business. Keep reading this article, So, that you’ll know how to create a website using WordPress.
Reasons why you should own a website for your business.
Having a website for your business is a great investment. Did you know? Over 75% of the businesses in the US don’t have a website and moreover there losing something big.
If you’re a business owner, You should have a website for your business. It’s necessary.
Here are the reasons why you should own a website for your business:-
- It builds a brand identity: As I said already, Most businesses don’t have a website. Moreover, It’s a great opportunity to stand out from the crowded marketplace of competitors.
- Shows your brand quality: There are probably several providers who provide a similar service to yours. One way to differentiate yourself is to have a website that looks good and clearly communicates quality information to your customers.
- More Opportunities: A website for your business leads to more opportunities.
- Organic traffic + Sales: Once you’re online and have an SEO-optimized website, you have a chance of showing up in Google search results. Over 250.5 million users use the internet worldwide. Moreover, If 1% of total users search for products or services based on your business and half of the 1% of users can get you more traffic for your business. it’ll lead to sales.
- Digital marketing for your business: It is more than a strand and it’ll never fade. Digital marketing for business will lead you to more opportunities for your business.
Websites are now an essential part of doing business. If you haven’t already done so, I strongly advise you to do so. You can improve it over time, but the most important thing is to start. Moreover, Why we suggest you create a WordPress website is that it’s easy to use and flexible. You can easily customize your website.
Even You don’t need to create a website by yourself.
If you’re worried about creating a website by yourself. You don’t need to create one. Moreover, you can hire a freelancer to create an SEO-optimized website for your business. If you’re a small business owner, I know what you’re thinking! Budget issues, Right?
That’s why I recommend Fiverr freelancer web designers. Fiverr is the largest marketplace of freelance services where you can hire a freelancer starting from 5$. Hiring a freelancer on Fiverr benefits you in many ways, here are a few of them:
- Fiverr freelancers have verified professionals.
- Have over 2 to 5 years of experience in the field.
- High-quality workflow
- Always on-trend in their field
- Cost-effectiveness and low risk
- Flexibility and Special Expertise
- Friendly communication when it comes to freelancers
- Schedule flexibility, freelancers are available 24/7 on Fiverr
- Access to top-tier talented professionals
There are lot more advantages of hiring a professional freelancer on Fiverr. How do you find the right Freelancer on Fiverr based on your needs? Simple, Here are the tips to hire the right freelancer on Fiverr for your business.
- Check their rating and experience
- View Portfolio
- Get feedback from previous clients.
- Contact and ask Q&A before hiring a freelancer on Fiverr
- Make it clear, Tell everything you want to the freelancer and know whether he/she is the right one for your needs.
To avoid misunderstanding between you and the freelancer, You should make it clear what you’re up to, your needs, to the freelancer. Fiverr is a great place to hire a freelancer at an affordable price. So, You don’t need to worry about the output. It’ll be worth every penny of your investment.
Moreover, You’ll get access to freelancers all over the world on Fiverr. So, you’ll never regret it. Go hire a freelance web designer on Fiverr here.
How to create a website with WordPress: The Complete Guide
WordPress powers over 43% of all websites on the internet. It’s arguably the most dependable way to start and run a website, with an excellent reputation and a loyal user base.
I use WordPress for my business, and I believe that most people would benefit from creating a website on this platform.
Moreover, Creating a website in WordPress is easy to build and customize. Here is the step-by-step guide to creating a website using WordPress within an hour.
Choose a domain name for your website
Your domain name is your identity of you on the internet. Moreover, It is how your audience finds you and identifies your brand. Moreover, Choosing a domain name is the primary thing and the most important part of your online journey.
You can choose any name you want, however, it should be available and not registered by any companies.
Here are a few tips that you can consider while choosing the right domain name for your website:
- Make it unique and simple.
- It must reflect your brand and your business.
- Short and sweet.
- Don’t make it complicated, Make and simple and easy to pronounce.
- Include niche-related words in your domain.
So, You must now check for the availability of your prospective domain name. Given that there are approximately 1.8 billion websites on the internet, remaining unique can be difficult, but it is well worth the effort.
Because we all love free things, you can register your domain for free when you sign up for a web hosting service.
Select a Web Hosting Provider and Register a Domain Name for Free
There are many companies that provide web hosting services. Moreover, For beginners, There are some good beginner-friendly hosting service providers available at an affordable price.
I suggest Hostinger – The best beginner-friendly, Low cost, and you’ll get a free domain name.
After you create an account on hostinger and submit your payment information. Hostinger’s guided setup wizard takes over.
It will ask you a few quick questions about the purpose of your website and your level of comfort in creating one.
Then, as your platform of choice, select WordPress. Hostinger will handle the installation for you.
After installation is completed, Hostinger will suggest to you some themes to install on your website. But you can ignore it and I’ll tell you the best and most lightweight theme.
So, You’re almost finished! The final step is to protect your free domain.
After you’ve finished all steps above, It’s time to edit your website. Before that go to WordPress dashboard >> Edit website.
Use a theme
You should choose a theme for your website. Themes are interchangeable designs that allow you to change how your WordPress website looks at the touch of a button.
Moreover, You should choose a lightweight theme for your website so that your website will load faster. Here are some lightweight themes that you can use on your website.
- GeneratePress a WordPress theme.
- Astra WordPress theme.
- OceanWP WordPress theme.
- StudioPress Themes.
- Divi WordPress theme.
I Use the Astra theme for my website which weighs over 833 Kb. So, it’ll run faster. To install the theme, Go to Appearance >> Theme >> Search theme >> Install the theme you want.
After you’ve installed your theme, Go to Appearance in your WordPress website Dashboard >> Theme option >> Activate the theme you’ve installed.
After installing your theme, Consider installing the necessary plugins for your website to boost the functionality. Moreover, Don’t install too many plugins, It’ll end up slowing down your website.
Here are some plugins you need to install. Moreover, From optimization to website traffic analysis to security, you’ll find the best plugins here which I’ve had to use all these months.
- WP Rocket – Best plugin for website speed optimization
- Yoast SEO – Best plugin for SEO Optimization and increasing organic traffic.
- Akismet Security – Best Plugin for spam and security for your website.
- Monsterinsight – Best plugin for data tracking
- WPForms Review – Best for Designing Contact Forms
- Elementor – To create and customize your website
- Smush – Best plugin for image optimization
These are the plugins you need to install on your website.
Setup important site settings
After you’ve done all the above steps, Here comes the most important part. You need to configure some site settings.
1.) Permalinks – This permalink decides how your site link appears on the internet. So, Think of it as a representation of your site structure. A good permalink structure directs your visitor to the correct location on your website whereas a bad structure does the opposite. Correct permalink structure is also critical for improving your SEO ranking.
Steps to set it right:
In WordPress Dashboard, Go to settings >> Permalinks >> Set it to Post name as I did in the above image. So that in the URL, Your blog post title in the URL.
This is the second setting you need to set right:
Again Go to Settings >> Reading >> You’ll see the above things >> Set Homepage as Home and Posts page as Blog. So that whenever you upload a blog post, It’ll directly appear on the blog page.
These are the two settings you need to set and it’s the most important part of setup a website.
With your website ready, you can now focus on creating high-quality content that helps you boost your traffic and conversions. Moreover, You’ve successfully created a website using WordPress.
In Conclusion: These are the steps to create a website with WordPress. Moreover, You don’t have to create a website by yourself. Hire a freelancer on Fiverr so that he/she can create a professional website for your business.
I hope you’ll get to know how to create a website with WordPress. Continue experimenting and making changes to your site, and you’ll quickly establish a loyal audience that continues coming back for more.
Moreover, It’s important to select a hosting service provider. So, Choose wisely. Hostinger is a great, cheap, and beginner-friendly web hosting. So, Have you launched your WordPress site yet? If Not, Go and get one. Having a website is a great advantage for your business. I hope you’ll learn something from this article, Follow for more!