Marketing and advertising are important for the business to reach its target audience. But a Great marketing strategy without graphic design that looks dull won’t do any miracle for us. So, In this article, I’m going to share graphic design in marketing to stand out from the crowd.
However, Graphic design is expensive, right? I’m going to share some great design tools that even an 11th-grade kid can able to create awesome marketing & advertising designs even without any design knowledge.
So, without any delay, let’s get started.
What is marketing design?
Graphic design is used for many purposes, to market products, services, businesses, brands, and so on to their target audience. Marketing design is a small segment of graphic design that focuses on visually appealingly communicating a brand’s message, services, or products in order to elicit an action.
Moreover, Marketing design is essential for business marketing strategy. A good marketing design has the ability to show business quality and it’ll make customers more likely to return. Here are the marketing designs for business:
- Social media post design
- Email marketing design
- Landing page design
- Website design
- Packaging design
- Advertisement Design
- Video marketing design
Benefits of using graphic design for business marketing
There are many advantages of marketing design for business. Moreover, It’ll create a brand identity for businesses which is more important.
– Increase brand awareness: A well-designed marketing campaign can help to increase brand awareness and brand identity. Moreover, this will lead to sales conversion. More than that, It’ll make people return.
– Increase customer engagement: Marketing design materials are more likely to engage customers and make them take action.
– Creates great customer loyalty: Customers who have a positive experience with your brand are more likely to be loyal and keep on doing business with you in the future.
Graphic design has that much potential for business. But sadly, Not every business uses graphic design for business. Did you know? Over 82% of businesses fail within a year. Only the remaining succeeds. Because of the lack of brand identity.
Graphic design plays a major role in business, So, every business must use graphic design, Even though your business is located on a street corner.
8 best Graphic design in marketing
No matter how a company uses designed assets, They should be aligned with its brand identity. So, here are the graphic designs that you can use in marketing your business.
Social media design
Social media is a great platform for any type of business in marketing. Moreover, You don’t need to spend any money to market your business on social media except through paid ads.
Social media design refers to the planning, development, and creation of visual content on social media platforms. Moreover, Every small business uses social media as its primary marketing platform to market its business.
Did you know? Over 70% of social media users buy products on social media which is shown in the post feed.
As such, Making a great first impression is the first step to building a robust social media presence. Moreover, Your social media designs will also impact your brand perception.
Every post you’ve designed and published on social media tells a story about your brand image.
So, you need to make sure that the message you’re going to share with your audience builds a connection with your audience. This is particularly important for social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
Canva is one of the best beginner-friendly graphic design tools that you can use to create almost everything in graphic design. From marketing design to advertising design, You can create in canva.
Posting different types of content and post sizes according to particular social media post dimensions is important. It may seem like a little thing, But it’ll create an impact. So, Here are the tips to design social media posts:
tips to design social media posts
- Post consistency, Post at least 2 to 5 posts a day to engage.
- Create a simple and eye-catchy design
- Use colors, fonts, and elements that should reflect your brand identity.
- Use social media post design templates so that you don’t need to create from scratch.
- Adapt your design to the platform, For instance, Instagram reels are formatted in portrait and Facebook is formatted in landscape.
- Create visually appealing content which is more engageable.
If you’re a non-designer, You can’t able to create designs on your own using professional software. So, I recommend Canva.
Canva is a great design tool where you can create designs from marketing to advertising.
It is a great design platform where you can get over 250,000+ free templates for all types of designs. Moreover, You don’t need any design knowledge to create designs. It’s a free tool, You can give it a try.
Email marketing design
Email marketing is a great way to make a personal connection with the audience. Moreover, It is a great way to engage with the audience directly through the inbox. It is an important part of digital marketing.
However, A normal person’s inbox is flooded with emails. So, to engage with your audience, Good email marketing design is essential if you want to catch readers’ attention and make your emails easy to read.
The right content in your emails is not only essential but also you need to incorporate other design elements into your email design to make people convenient for them to take action.
The best email designs are simple, but they also include enough content and details to provide value to the reader. You must first catch their attention before delivering your important message.
If you’re not quite sure how to design marketing emails, a few design tips will help you I guess.
- Stick with your brand design, Your subscriber should know that’s you after seeing the email.
- Write catchy subject lines to catch readers’ attention.
- Try to add some personal touch, Don’t make people feel they’re being spammed.
- Add visual elements, Making them feel easier to read.
- Introduce the topic of the email, tell readers what they need to know about that topic, then use a call to action to close out your email.
- Use simple and responsive design elements, Bad email design can make your emails nearly impossible to read.
- In the end, Use the call to action button, Make people to take action.
So, these are all the tips you should follow to make a responsive and engaging email marketing campaign.
Landing page design
A successful landing page design is important to increase the sales conversion rate. Moreover, It is designed for marketing a specific product or service or getting the viewer to perform a specific action.
However, there is no one way to design a landing page. But the most important is that your landing page should be more informative to visitors and others should know what they will exactly get from the product.
Knowing the common components and goals of a landing page is one thing, but how do these translate to visual design principles?
Even though the appearance of a landing page will differ depending on the designer and the brand, the following are general guidelines and tips for effective landing page design.
- Preceded to minimalism – Minimalism refers to limiting your page’s design elements (color, typography, imagery, etc.) to the basic needs. Confront every decision you make as you design.
- However a less-is-more approach may lead you to believe that short pages with no scrolling are preferable, longer landing pages are more effective at retaining viewers.
- Reading patterns describe the common ways that users scan web pages, and designers can use alignment and spacing to organize text to facilitate this.
- Interactive elements are one of the biggest assets the web offers designers over print products.
- If your business provides different types of products or services, Make separate landing page designs.
A website is the most important thing that you should have for your business. But many businesses ignore having a website for business.
Having a website for your business is a great opportunity to take your business worldwide. Did you know? Over 75% of the businesses in the US don’t have a website and there losing something big.
Moreover, If you have a website, You can post your daily content, updates, news, and everything on your business website so that you’re audience knows up-to-date about you and your business.
Reasons why you should own a website for your business
It builds a brand identity: As I said already, Most businesses don’t have a website. Moreover, It’s a great opportunity to stand out from the crowded marketplace of competitors.
Shows your brand quality: There are probably several providers who provide a similar service to yours. One way to differentiate yourself is to have a website that looks good and clearly communicates quality information to your customers.
More Opportunities: A website for your business leads to more opportunities.
Organic traffic + Sales: Once you’re online and have an SEO-optimized website, you have a chance of showing up in Google search results. Over 250.5 million users use the internet worldwide. Moreover, If 1% of total users search for products or services based on your business and half of the 1% of users can get you more traffic for your business. it’ll lead to sales.
Digital marketing for your business: It is more than a strand and it’ll never fade. Digital marketing for business will lead you to more opportunities for your business.
Learn how to create a website for your business here. If you’re worried about creating a website by yourself. You don’t need to create one. Moreover, you can hire a freelancer to create an SEO-optimized website for your business.
If you sell a physical product, product packaging is critical to attracting the right customers.
Don’t underestimate the value of good design in improving the experience – and driving both loyalties and repeat purchases – whether you’re thinking about a bottle of juice or the mail you’ll send to your customers who purchased clothes from your eCommerce business. Packaging is a fantastic way for your design to shine.
Moreover, If a customer buys your product and loves your packaging design, It’ll be convenient for them to buy the product.
There is a chance that it’ll convert into sales. However, Customers are drawn to products that look good above all else. A well-designed and interesting product are more likely to attract potential customers than a poorly designed and bald product.
This is why packaging design is so important. After all, it is the most important aspect of marketing a product and ensuring its sale. It is also crucial in associating a brand with a specific thing, such as a color or a font.
That is to say, customers who are drawn to a package are more likely to remember it later on before returning the product.
There is a high chance that people may ignore low-quality or worst ad designs. But a well-designed advertisement makes people stop and stare. That’s the power of graphic design.
It’s important to realize that, although advertising design is used to promote virtually every product and service sold today, it’s not something new. Nowadays, Illustrations and art are used in advertisements which are more eye-catchy and make people click.
Moreover, to run an effective marketing campaign, the Ad design should be:
- Simple and eye-catchy design with limited elements.
- Include a call to action button to make people take action.
- Use visual metaphors much like a written metaphor, a visual metaphor represents one concept by comparing it to another idea.
- Creating a clever ad is to find hidden visual relationships that surround your topic.
- Use a certain amount of icons in the world, people, ideas, objects, and concepts.
- Don’t be afraid to manipulate your imagery a little to create a strange one.
Video marketing design
Video content is king! There is no doubt that video marketing has a massive growth rate and continues to grow. Video marketing means sharing videos about your brand, products, services, and so on anywhere online whether on sites, on social media, or via email.
Video allows more artistic expression and emotional connections than static or text-only content, and it can be a powerful visual aid in teaching complicated concepts.
Take a look at this how much video content creates an impact in marketing:
- Business with video content in marketing drives 41% more traffic than ordinary image content.
- Videos on social media receive over 1200% more shares than image content.
- Marketing campaigns with videos see an increase in revenue 49% faster than non-video campaigns.
- Emails with videos have a 200 – 300% higher click-through rate than those without.
- Videos increase conversions by 20% on a home page and 80% on a landing page.
However, Creating video content using advanced graphic design software like premiere pro is hard for beginners. So I recommend canva. As I said it is a great beginner-friendly design tool to create any design including video content.
In Conclusion: So, are you ready to run an effective marketing campaign using graphic design? These are the best graphic design in marketing. For every business marketing, Graphic design is essential. Moreover, It is a perfect duo.
Using graphic design in marketing makes a great impact on your business. However, there are many marketing materials like infographics, presentations and so on that, you can do to differentiate yourself from the competitors.
But do remember, Everything you do must reflect your brand image. So, add your brand elements to your designs to build a strong brand identity. So, I hope you know the best graphic design in marketing for your business.